5 House-Hunting Tips for Any Season
1. Write down your most important requirements and top deal-breakers in a home.
2. When you walk through a home, take notes. Once you've looked at several homes, they may begin to blend together. Jot down a few sentences about what you liked and didn't like before you leave to help you differentiate between them.
3. Look for damage or areas of improvement. Open the closets and cupboards, left the rugs and check out each room from top to bottom to check for damage and to make sure there's enough storage to fit your needs.
4. Drive by the home at different times of day and pay attention to the vibe and noise level of the neighbourhood.
5. Imagine the potential of the home. It may be ddifficult to see the potential of a home with hot pink walls, however, picture the walls with a fresh coat of neutral-toned paint and your personal stamp on them.
If you're in the market for a home, be sure to get pre-approved for a mortgage. This will help to speed up the process when you find the home you want to live in.
Please enter your email to subscribe to our eNewsletter: